February 14, 2009

Retro Republik Finds: An Etsy Valentines'

Oh Etsy, you have stolen my heart!


For Valentines Day I found my hubby this warm Dark Wood Print wallet made of Gaffer Tape from Etsy seller and Portland based Duct Tuff. This photo-realistic print is rich, dark wood grain but is not thicker than a strip of tape. It only set me back $21 big ones.

Other cool items from Duct Tuff include an RFID (radio frequency identification chip) blocking line of Duct Tape wallets...Stop a would-be thief by blocking the signal with the Duct Tuff Resistance Machine wallet that has a flexible metal lining that stops radio frequencies from getting through.

Gaffer Tape Wallet with a Dark Wood Print



Next Etsy stop: bowsandarrows vintage, based in Sacramento, has a slew of super fun select pieces from the retro 1950s to the nifty 1990s.

With the extra money I had left over from the killer wallet deal, I picked myself up this pretty little Sante Fe vintage number from bowsandarrows vintage, only $14 bucks.


Vintage Santa Fe woven bag


No comments: